Home > Vinayaka temples > Sri Malaikottai Uchipillayar temple

Sri Malaikottai Uchipillayar temple



Moolavar : Uchipillayar
Urchavar : NA
Amman / Thayar : NA
Thala Virutcham : NA
Theertham : Kavury
Agamam / Pooja : Sivagama
Old year : 1000-2000 years old
Historical Name : thiruchirapalli
City : Trichy
District : Thiruchirapalli
State : Tamil Nadu

Singers:

   NA


Festival:

   15 days Chithirai (April-May) car festival; 12 days Teppa Thiruvizha in Panguni (March-April); Summer festival on the hills during Vaikasi (May-June); Navarathri in Purattasi September-October); Skanda Sashti in Aipasi (October-November) 13 day Vinayaka Chaturthi festival and Adipooram 8 days festival in July August are the festivals very grandly celebrated in the temple. Also Tamil and English New Year days, Deepavali, Pongal days are devotionally observed with special Pujas.


Temple's Speciality:

   This is hill-cave temple


Opening Time:

   The temple is opened from 6.00 a.m. to 08.00 P.m.


Address:

   Sri Uchipillayar Temple, Trichy - 620 001.


Phone:

   91-431- 270 4621, 270 0971, 271 0484.


General Information:

   One can have a full pleasant view of the Tiruchi city from the 275 feet tall hill top.?There are 417 steps to reach the hill temple.??The 1000 pillared mandap in the temple is very beautiful where weddings are celebrated.???The hill fort was built during the rule of Mahendra Pallava-Gunaparan during the sixth century according to epigraphic evidences.??The Thayumanavar temple at the foot of the hill is one of the celebrated Shiva temples of the state praised in Thevaram hymns.


Prayers:

   Any undertaking whether domestic, religious or professional, started after praying Lord Uchi Ganapathy is sure to go progressively, profitably and happily.


Thanks giving:

   Devotees perform abishek to Lord Vinayaka with milk and offer garlands made of a grass called Arugampul.


Greatness Of Temple:

   The very thought of Tiruchi brings before our eyes, the Uchi Pillayar temple, River Cauvery, Sri Rangam and everything pleasing the soul.??All tourists including foreigners are enjoying this soulful pleasantness.??All Saivite saints, Gnanasambandar, Appar, Manickavasagar, Thayumana Swamigal had sung the glory of this sacred land.?The construction of the hill is a marvel of architecture.??There are two carved caves on the hill, the upper one a treasure of epigraphic details, the lower with 104 divine verses in Andhadhi style.??Andhadhi poetry is onein which the succeeding verses begin with the last word of the previous poem.


Temple History:

   When Lord Sri Rama returned to Ayodhya after rescuing Mother Sita from the captivity of Ravana, Sri Sugriva, Sri Hanuman and Sri Vibishana accompanied the Lord to participate in the coronation function of the Lord.??While returning back with the gift of Sri Ranganatha idol from Sri Rama, Vibishana came south.??Seeing the beauty of River Cauvery and the scenic environment, he wanted to relax for a while.??Lord Vinayaka was there in the guise of a little boy.??Vibishana asked the boy to take care of the gift idol of Lord Ranganatha.??After waiting for Vibishana, the boy placed the idol on the ground and hid Himself in the hill.Vibhishana was shocked to see the boy missing. He applied all his energy to move the idol but failed. Thus Lord Ranganatha, bound to Sri Lanka, cut short His journey and chose Sri Rangam as His abode. Seeing the boy at the top of hill, Vibishana hit Him on the head, the scar of which is still visible on the Vinayaka idol. Thus, Lord Vinayaka along with Lord Ranganatha nearby is ruling us gracefully.


Special Features:

   Miracle Based:?0?
Scientific Based 0


*Sources from Dinamalar.com




 
Home        Worship       Gallery      Travel        Slokas     Contact us